108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: using software tools with xp512

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vball23
Advisor

using software tools with xp512

How satisfied is everyone with the software tools that are available for the XP512, such as command view and remote control and/or the ability to get anything done in a timely fashion on this unit?

The reason I ask, is that it takes an unacceptable amount of time to do anything with this software and the XP512. For example, after installing 2TB raw space, it takes 26 hours to format those disks, 181gb drives. Also, if we want to make some space available to a server, it takes 45-60 minutes with command view and/or remote control to assign the drives, assign security, etc. Every single thing we do requires the software to update it's data, which takes way too long. Other products we have used, such as EMC and StorageWorks, are lightning fast in comparison.

Are we unique in this problem, or is it univesal?

Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor
Solution

There are 2 things that affect the performance of Command View XP - the PC that you're running it on, and the laptop in the XP.

The PC CV runs on should have 1GB of memory for the latest version of CV, and the faster the pricessor the better. If you're not on the latest version (v. 1.60.01a) or close to it, your performance could be better.

Also the laptop in the XP should have 64MB of memory - if not, you qualify for a free upgrade (if you're on maintenance).

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Dave Wherry
Esteemed Contributor

I've not used XP512 specific, or should I say the latest versions of the software. I've used the software on my XP256 for over 3 years and it is terribly slow. Ridiculously slow. I do not believe it is the RC PC or the SVP laptop. I've had two different HP ASE's on-site who both agree that's just the way it is. Slow.