Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

va7100 WARNING

jasonK_1
Frequent Advisor

va7100 WARNING

Hi,

Before a 73g disk fail, my va7100 has elvent 36g disks, three 73g disks and the system has no warnings or errors. After replacing the failed 73g disk and wait for 2 days for its to balance or rebuild, It still has a lot of warning. The VA is still up and running, and I still have a good backup. I also attach the whole armdsp log. Can someone give me a solution?

PS. The reason I have 73gs disk is I want to replace all the 36g disk with 73g gradually as those 36g fails.

The following disk is reported MISSING by the controller:
Vendor ID:____________________________HP 73.4G
Product ID:___________________________ST373307FC
Data Capacity:________________________66.757 GB (140000001 blocks)
Block Length:_________________________520 bytes
Serial Number:________________________3HZ1AG3Z
Volume Set Serial Number:_____________0000483600000006
Node WWN:_____________________________2000000c5025e11a

===================================

OPERATIONS IN PROGRESS

The array is BALANCING.

WARNINGS

WARNING: One or more member drives are missing.

WARNING: A rebuild operation failed.

WARNING: Some data in the device lacks redundancy, and is exposed to becoming unavailable if further drive removals or failures occur.
2 REPLIES
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: va7100 WARNING

It appears you may still have a bad disk, or after you replaced the disk it was not automatically "included" into the array.

**ATTACH** the entire output of the 'armdsp -a' command for this array. That may help the diagnosis of this problem.
Disk Array_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: va7100 WARNING

Perform partial reset (if you can, "armmgr -R partial"), and see if rebuild will still fail. If it will, start it manually ("armrbld -r"), gather logs ("armlog -e") and attach.