Disk Enclosures
1751954 Members
4676 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: va7400,disk array 2405 and brocade connectivity ????

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I think that now you can create more LUNs and try doing 'ioscan -fn' and 'insf -e' on the HPUX server to see if it will see VA LUNs. It should work
Eugeny
Deepak Seth_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the help. I can see LUN 0 on the HPUX host . So is this means i don't need to wait for command view to be installed . I can just go ahead and create any number of LUNS (any size) as i need.

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Right. Although serial port has very limited capabilities so you will need Command View to manage VA anyway
Eugeny
Deepak Seth_1
Regular Advisor

finally i got the command view installed . and created the luns and everything looks ok. few things i need to clarify

- How do i make a particular LUN not seen by other host (without buying another HP product ) or some other workaround is ok . I just want to make sure that i don't use a LUN used by other host by mistake .

- Is the command view has some gui ? where i can how many disk i have , how do they are distributed among controllers.

- When i create LUNs , i create even on RG 1 and odd on RG 2 . Is this is right approach . Also when i create a VG , i make sure that i choose the correct devices in order to do load balancing between 2 controller . Is this is how it is be done .

- Any more suggestions are welcome .

That may be last post for this question . Thanks everybody for guiding me .

Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

- Is the command view has some gui ? where i can how many disk i have , how do they are distributed among controllers.

Yes there's a gui. Refer to the manuals on the CD-ROM (under the 'docs' directory) around page 69 of the 'cvsdm_usersguide_v10601.pdf' file.

--> When i create LUNs , i create even on RG 1 and odd on RG 2 . Is this is right approach .

That is the correct way to do it.

-Josh

What are the chances...