108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

xpinfo equivalent for HDS 9900

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rich Wright
Trusted Contributor

xpinfo equivalent for HDS 9900

Adding HDS LUNs to HP-UX 11.00 server that already has XP512 LUNs.
xpinfo -d -f/dev/rdsk/
does not display anything.
Does Hitachi provide an equivilent command?
5 REPLIES 5
David Child_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: xpinfo equivalent for HDS 9900

Rich,

I was unable to find the actual command (I have XP as well and no HDS direct), but I know Hitachi's HiCommand Device Manager software has a CLI. If you have an HDS maybe you have some docs around or I'm sure Hitachi support can get you the info. I imagine you would need to install some software on one of your hosts so perhaps you can poke around and look at those man pages.

David

Hello,

either you use the HDS CLI tools (like inqraid, raidscan) or - since about half a year available - the "xpinfo" equivalent "lunstat". But i dont know yet if HP-UX 11.00 is supported. Maybe only versions >= 11.11 (parisc and itanium).

Regards

CR
Rich Wright
Trusted Contributor

I had to use raidscan.
I have attached a script that I am using that gives both XP and Hitachi LUNs.
This script does call a script called check_hds_rm.sh which verifies that the horcm daemon is working. you can emiminate or replace that script. Also, It assumes HORCM_00 is for XP and HORCM_20 is for Hitachi.

I have one more script that I will include also. It only uses 'diskinfo', but takes longer.
Rich Wright
Trusted Contributor

Script that will give info for Hitachi, XP, and EMC disks. This script uses 'diskinfo -v' to get information, so does not require any additional SW.
Rich Wright
Trusted Contributor

used 'raidscan' and home grown script.