1753599 Members
6341 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ioDrive2 (Fusion IO flash card) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 7.1 (RHEL 7)

jamcguire
Occasional Contributor

HP ioDrive2 (Fusion IO flash card) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 7.1 (RHEL 7)

Hello

I have an HP branded ioDrive 2 (Fusion ID flash card) / 673644-B21 and wish to use it with RHEL 7

Checking the Sandisk website (who now own Fusion IO) I see that there are drivers available for RHEL7.  However the HP website shows only drivers for RHEL6.

Will an updated driver be made available by HP?  If not could I use the Sandisk driver and will it work?  Would I be fully supported if so and would the monitoring software also work?

Kind regards,

James

2 REPLIES 2
Swordsman20
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP ioDrive2 (Fusion IO flash card) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 7.1 (RHEL 7)

I have a 2.4TB Fusion IO Duo card running in a DL980 on RHEL 7.2.  The SanDisk drivers work just fine.  The only thing you CAN'T use from SanDisk is the FIRMWARE, which must come from HP.  I used all the SanDisk software, including the utilities and the ioSphere software, right from the SanDisk site.  The firmware version, I noticed, was the same for RHEL 6 as for RHEL 7, so I downloaded the HP firmware for RHEL 6 and installed it using the SanDisk utilities.  It works fine.

jamesvae

Re: HP ioDrive2 (Fusion IO flash card) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 7.1 (RHEL 7)

Is there any difference between FusionIO (the original manufacturer), SanDisk fusion IO (SanDisk branded) and the HPE fusion IO accelerator branded flash drives? I understand that SanDisk purchased the original FusionIO company and thats where the "SanDisk fusionio" branding came from....I'm just trying to understand where HPE came into the picture. Did they license and incorporate SanDisk FusionIO in their hardware packages, did they purchase fusionio from sandisk or did they collaborate with sandisk fusionio to create HPE specific fusionio devices that require drivers/firmware from HPE site exclusively?