5841 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Management Module Agent - ESX - VM

Gonzi
Occasional Contributor

HP Management Module Agent - ESX - VM

Hi,
I would like know if anyone has installed the software HP Management Module Agent on Virtual machines and ESX, or if It is advisable install.
I read that It isn't recommened install software on the Service Console. There is someone to configure it otherwise, only install Software HPMM Agent on Virtual Machines, Scripts, etc.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Management Module Agent - ESX - VM

In my lab, I have 2 ESX servers. I recently loaded the latest Management Pack for Vmware ESX4 on one of them.

The Management Agents allow you to centrallly manage the server using SIM and/or other management products (to collect snmp traps and such). It allows for the hardware to be controlled and properly changed given the environmental conditions. (I.E., the Management agents will dynamically adjust the internal fans of the server to an appropriate speed to keep the server running properly cool as best possible.)

It is supported on the service console.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Management Module Agent - ESX - VM

In ESX the HP Management Agents are supported for installation into the Console.
I've had no issues with these in ESX 3. For ESX 4 we're moving to ESXi which doesn't use agents.
If you want to be able to get pre-emptive fault alerts etc. then you need the agents.

I have had issues with HP VMM which provides more integration of the HPSIM and Virtual centre. We ended up removing VMM here.