1753719 Members
4691 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Agents 8.3 and ESX4 Update 1A

stridar
Occasional Contributor

Insight Agents 8.3 and ESX4 Update 1A

Running 8.3 agents on VMWare ESX4 BL460 G6 server with VMWARE Update 1A and server runs for days and then reboots every 10 minutes or so.
We were aware of the issue with Update1 for VMWare (and Insight Agents) and we re-installed ESX with the agents uninstalled and then installed 8.3 agents. They ran for a few days and then started rebooting every 10 minutes again. Servers run fine without Insight sgents. Don't see any errors anywhere, any help appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Willy Wong
Advisor

Re: Insight Agents 8.3 and ESX4 Update 1A

Did you ever get this resolved?

We are looking to do deploy ESX4, and was about to install 8.3 on the BL460 G6s.
stridar
Occasional Contributor

Not resovled so far. But I have a work around. On the ilo change the setting for the system shutdown on overheating to no.
You will now see the error that is occuring every 10 minutes (or so).
The error we see is Zone 10 overheating. However, it now shows as repaired every time it occurs.
I opened a case with HP and ran diags from smart start, with no failures. Then I didn't hear from them. So I called them and found they closed the case without contacting me. They said to reinstall ESX, and then do the ESX update 1 and then install 8.3 agents. That fix was for a different issue! On my original call I told them we had already done this and applied Update 1A which was supposed to avoid that issue. However, we still have the issue and they haven't called me back since I reopened the case.
htulumba
Advisor

Which firmware versions concerning BL460cG6, iLO2, OA do you have? Have you Virtual Connect?
stridar
Occasional Contributor

OA is 2.60
VCM is 2.30
ROM I24 (10-1-09)
All firmware was upgraded to the latest available in Dec/Jan as a possible resolution when this started.
Still have not got a call back from HP.
I did a chain that has been going on for years about Zone 2 errors - HP supposedly replaced some Intel motherboards - but the tech I talked to didn't know anything about that. I still believe it's an agent issue with SIM, since there is no error without SIM loaded and since everthing is displaying Green with it loaded.