1753349 Members
4984 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ml570 g3 esx4 x64 support vt issue

fcastro
Occasional Contributor

ml570 g3 esx4 x64 support vt issue

just had tech support ticket closed due to the machine not be in vmware hcl. not a problem at fist for hp make the effort with vmware if we do not lose support for x64 vm guest to run. we see constantly hp desktops/laptops have the support of multiple versions of OS with even extended upgrade option to windows7: - what about server line that loses a feature that custumers spent good money to have the first xeon 64 bits. what will be HP response to this?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3285473&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=408482тМй=en&cc=us
3 REPLIES 3
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: ml570 g3 esx4 x64 support vt issue

Hello,
I do not understand your point. Your server is really quite old and it is not surprise it is not supported with ESX4.
Why don't you stay with ESX3.5x - supported system...

Jan
fcastro
Occasional Contributor

This is not the case of not doing more but losing x64 feature. i don't care if not hcl if it works. i can accept low performance but not to lose a property that justified the purchase of the first 64 bits server in the market with vt extension. we recently acquired 8 cpu vmware std licensing only for the ml570 (4 cpu 3ghz xeon mp 8mb l3 cache single core)due for its high disk storage nature (we don't need more than 3 vm's x64 running).
this is matter of principle and hp is not abbeying by it if stands this position of lacking customers needs. ml570 is a unique storage server that must be supported.

Nuno Correia_1
Occasional Advisor

For sure, something is very wrong for all class of ml570 not be hcl. I remember that this servers where for high storage use and at the present we can├в find identical substitute. Hcl link bellow:

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=server&productId=1&advancedORbasic=advanced&maxDisplayRows=50&key=ml570&release%5B%5D=-1&datePosted=-1&partnerId%5B%5D=-1&formFactorId%5B%5D=-1&filterByEVC=0&filterByFT=0&min_sockets=&min_cores=&min_memory=&rorre=0