Operating System - VMware
1751691 Members
4769 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380G9 10-Gb-533FLR-T iscsi Esxi6 iscsi tcp offload aka hardware dependend iscsi

Florian Schmutz
Frequent Advisor

DL380G9 10-Gb-533FLR-T iscsi Esxi6 iscsi tcp offload aka hardware dependend iscsi

Hi

I have installed a new dl380Gen9 with a  HP FlexFabric 10GB 533FLR-T Adapter onboard.
I Used the HP Customized ESXi Build and updated the Server with the last SPP from Oktober.
After the sucessfully install i tryed to use the Hardware dependend iscsi. But i cant see the vmhba under storage in the vsphere client. There is only the SATA controller and the Smartarry but no Brodcom.
I tryed to open a case at hp but i dont get no responde till jet.
I downloaded to be shure the newest firmware and also drivers from the hpe support page for the nic but if i try to upgrade or install im getting the notice that already have the latest driver installed.

I Read the article about iscsi Offlload

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5404524&docId=emr_na-c04408042&docLocal...

The Site 24 under VMware discripes how to configure but well i still cant see the vmhba.3x.

Has anyone the same problem or have any idea how to fix it?
I dont want use the software iscsi cause of the load witch we ar generating over the 10GB nic....

Thanks

Florian

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: DL380G9 10-Gb-533FLR-T iscsi Esxi6 iscsi tcp offload aka hardware dependend iscsi