New Discussion

Error message then creating new virtual machine

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rantzauer
Occasional Visitor

Error message then creating new virtual machine

Hello

We are using esxi5 and vsphere. Then we create a new virtual machine, we often get error messages. Error report attached.

In the vsphere client on the vsphere server it also like it is refreshing the page every 3-5 seconds, which means that the menus jumps and makes it hard to work in. Does any one have a clue to what is going on?

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: Error message then creating new virtual machine

Hello,

- do you us vCenter server or it is just standalone ESXi and you are connected to it directly?

- do you have all configuration done - datastore, network with vmkernel port and vm port

- do you see any warnings inside vsphere client?

Jan

Rantzauer
Occasional Visitor

Hello Jan

-Yes we use a vcenter server

-Yes everything should be configured.

- We have no alarms other than a datastore alarm

Best regards

Rantzauer

Jags_21
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

I believe this is more of a vsphere client issue connecting to vcenter server, bypass the vcenter and try connecting directly to the host and check if the issue still exists.

If the issue exists you need to check to two things storage space and firewall settings if all the required ports are allowed on the hosts and vsphere client machine.

If the issue does not show, check the required ports are allowed on the vcenter server and also any plugin which is enabled try disabling and after checking enable it back.

Thanks,

-----------

If you like this post please click on "KUDOS White Star" on the left pane of this post 

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Rantzauer
Occasional Visitor

Hello

You where spot on there. It was a plugin which was not uninstalled correctly. It was disabled but still made troubles.

So I had to go to https://localhost/mob on the server and remove the plugin from where. Now every thing is back to normal.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Best regards

Rantzauer