Operating System - VMware
1753277 Members
4894 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Control for vCenter : You must have vcenter Administrator role to access properties

Handy
Occasional Advisor

Insight Control for vCenter : You must have vcenter Administrator role to access properties

Hi,

I install ICVC on physical server and setup ILO,SIM,OA,VCmanager and vCenter administrator credential under https://localhost:50025.
I saw HP insight software plug-in under vCenter but i got this message when i access properties.

"you must have vcenter administrator role to access properties"

The account that i used have vcenter admin role. any specific privilege should i used? do you have any clue?
11 REPLIES 11
AlexPT_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Insight Control for vCenter : You must have vcenter Administrator role to access properties

Same here ;(
Handy
Occasional Advisor

Re: Insight Control for vCenter : You must have vcenter Administrator role to access properties

We solved this issue by create stand alone Vcenter administrator user. you don't use user attach to user group
Jeremy Bowman

Can you provide more specifics on how you fixed this? I have created a new Role in vCenter and a new group in AD containing the user connecting to Insight and my domain admin account - assigning this new AD group to the new role. (The new role has all the available privs assigned, including the HP storage etc).
Even with all this, I still get 'admin privs required' as you did originally. Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Jeremy.
AlexPT_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi, yes Handy, please could you elaborate? While we appreciate your reply it doesn't really, to me, seem to be obvious what you've done.

AlexPT_1
Occasional Advisor

Aha! I see what our friend means now.

Create a local user called X (vCenter or whatever, not really relevant). Then in vCenter at the vCenter level (if you wish) go to Permissions. Now add the local user account as an administrator in vCenter. Now quit and log back in with the newly created account. Whoalla!

Worked for me.
Handy
Occasional Advisor

1. I have vCenter user called "hpadmin". I put this user under "cusadmin" group with admin permission.

2. I create vCenter user "hpadmin" and give admin permission.

I have the issue if i use first way.

Please suppport with point if this solution help you
Jeremy Bowman

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts.... Here's where I am now.

1) Created new local account in Windows on VC, member of local admins group.

2) Created a new role in VC with god (all) privs, and add the new local user to this role.

3) Restart vClient.

4) Still getting the permissions error.

Grrrr. Any further thoughts?

Cheers.
Jeremy.
Handy
Occasional Advisor

i assume your account name is "hpadmin". you should see hpadmin account created like attach picture
Jeremy Bowman

Ah yes, that worked! Now all I need to do is to get the permissioning working so all the 'admin' staff from an AD group can get the same access.

I tried creating a new local group and adding the user (from above) and the AD admins group then adding that with administrator permissions - no go.

Did you try this or was it outside your requirements?

Cheers.
Jeremy.