5530 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Novice try to install HP Sim for an ESXI Server

stauffi
Occasional Contributor

Novice try to install HP Sim for an ESXI Server

Hello there

I already had my experience with VMWARE but all were based on Windows Servers.
Now i have to Install the HP SIM on an ESXI Server. Im searching since 4 Hours for a Document to Install it. I just read much about Problems but not how to set this up. I heared about that yo need a Syntax to set it properly up?
Im using the normal ESXI server and not the HP modification.
2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

What do you mean by "the HP SIM"? Certainly not the HPSIM server itself. It sounds like you want to install the CIM providers (something like the 'management agents').

Is this what you are looking for?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884082&swItem=MTX-8758956156b94fc1a59e078961&prodNameId=3884083&swEnvOID=4040&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

As Uwe has pointed out you need to install the HP ESXi bundle. All instructions are contained in the link provided.
The main difference is that this will use WBM and not SNMP for its notifications.
So you'll need to subscribe the ESXI host to wbem indications from he HP SIM Server.
You might want to search through the HP SIM forums as there have been a few discussions on this there.
You may also want to ask HPSIM specific questions there.