Operating System - VMware
1751701 Members
4944 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant DL380P G8 "Problems installing Vmware 4.1 U2 & 4.1 U3 HP Custom images ESX and ESXi"

CIRH

Proliant DL380P G8 "Problems installing Vmware 4.1 U2 & 4.1 U3 HP Custom images ESX and ESXi"

Hi,

I have problems installing vmware 4.1, I have used differents customized images from the HP web site.
Using the Intelligent provisioning seems to be installed but after the reboot i have this message: No default or UI configuration directive found..

without the intelligent provisioning the installation runs until 10% and then says: Installation operation failed! unable to write image to the selected disk.

Only Vmware 5.5 customized image works fine in this server but i dont know why the others images are not working

Actions taken:

Create differents arrays

create differents logical disks

try to install using the intelligent provisioning

try to install without the intelligent pro..

Use of diferents HP customized images (4x, 4.1u2, 4.1u3, 5.5) and not custom image

Please if somebody have some info please reply my message

Thanks
HP employee
Carlos Rodriguez

1 REPLY 1
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380P G8 "Problems installing Vmware 4.1 U2 & 4.1 U3 HP Custom images ESX and

Hello, according HP suppot matrix at http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/vmware.aspx#.VBX0sGdxmUk it should work with HP images of 4.1 update 2 and update 3. Have you tried it?

Otherwise, what is your reason to use older version of ESXi, when 5.5 works fine for you?

Jan