1753541 Members
5131 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Win7 VM No installed network adapter

Kristin Arrowood

Win7 VM No installed network adapter

Hello all,

I recently created a Windows 7 image in VM Workstation 6.5.3. On the host machine (running Windows XP) I was able to access the internet using a NAT connection. Unfortunately, when I migrated the image to my VMWare ESXi Server (3.5.0), it was unable to connect to the internet.

The error message I get is "Windows did not detect a properly installed Network Adapter...". I'm really not sure what could be causing this issue. The Hardware tab in the VM Settings says that Network Adapter 1 exists and is a VM Network. The Device Status Connected checkbox is checked, as is the Connect at power on checkbox. Adapter type is set to flexible.

Does anyone know if there is a hardware compatibility issue for network adapters for Win 7 images on VMWare ESXi or something?

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

just delete the nework adapter in the Virtual machine, and add new network card, the start the windows and configure your lan card iside the OS Windows.

sometimes, if you migrate the image, some virtual devices have some problem.

mikap
Kristin Arrowood

Ok, so I deleted and readded a Network Adapter and restarted the VM, but it is still saying that there isn't a correctly installed network adapter. It suggests reinstalling the drivers for it. I have no idea how to do this, is it possible to do without an internet connection? Or is there something else I should be doing?