108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 516 Fibre subsystem link failure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I'll attach some information. When I looked into this, it was not easy to get a cable or RJ45Z connector kits, so it took a rasp and 'fixed' a normal RJ45 connector ;-)
Worked fine for short-term.
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

Also I want to update the BIOS is this HP Proliant DL360 G4 that the MSA is attached too, however I am getting that awful message about not having the rompaq image when attempting to run the rompaq.exe. ERR!
Are there some switches on the System Board that need to be set?

Is that the S2 system maintence switch which controls flsshing the BIOS?

Off = System configuration can be changed.
On = System configuration is locked.
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

Can someone advise if I need to set a switch on hp proliant dl360 g4 to get the bios to flash...
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

I would like to upgrade the bios on the server to ensure my firmware on it current to support getting HBA and MSA communicating

Can someone please confirm what switches on the system board (HP Proliant DL360 G4) need to be on in order to get past this rompaq error no image found.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Jeff, is there a reason why you don't use a firmware CD/DVD (the latest versions can even be put on an USB stick) ?
Those packages will also take care of the SmartArray, the NIC and the FC adapter. And I don't recall I ever had to turn a switch to allow an upgrade, but I don't have access to the DL380 doc right now (typing this on a SmartPhone ;-)
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

I did use the DVD to create the USB bootable and verified image file on usb stick, booted to usb rompaq.exe failed and produced message. Same for bootable CD rom that was created. Therefore I believe maybe there is a system switch onboard that needs toggled.
Jeff Arwood
Advisor

FYI...

FIX was to replace HBA card. Though the OS saw the card and did not report errors. My understand is that HBA card gbic interface was the issue not the card itself.

Once replaced with new HBA fibre link failure was resolved.

Thank you all for trying...
Andrew DeVries
Occasional Advisor

What was the pinout your used to connect to the MSA?

I have a HP 259992-01 cable the pinout is as follows

9-pin       rj45j
2              2
3              9
5             5,6
8             5,6
9            5,6

I bought this cable but I can not get a CLI prompt. I can see the post of the Controller but no matter how many times I press enter I don't get a CLI prompt from either MSA controller.  I am thinking I have a bad cable as I have never used this cable before and its the only one I have.  Can some one with this cable confirm the pinout or offer any advice.

I am using 8 none 1 no flow controll.

Andy