5700 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Advantages of HP over DELL

Yaboto
Super Advisor

Advantages of HP over DELL

Hi,

A customer asked me to quote for a DELL Data Centre but I want to give him an HP Data Centre as an alternatives. I am obliged to compare DELL and HP by emphasizing on the advantages of HP equipments ( servers, SAN, Storage etc...)over DELL equipments.
The comparaison should be two main parts: Business Wise and Technical aspect wise.

Please help.

Regards,
Berag
4 REPLIES 4
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
this could help you:

DELL vs. HP blade systems

http://itcomparison.com/Blades/Bladesdellvshp/Bladeshpvsdell.htm

EMC CX3-10 (available from DELL) vs. HP storage (EVA)

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA1-8080ENW.pdf
the pain is one part of the reality
Paul Jerrom
Valued Contributor

Your local HP sales team should have all this at their disposal - it's what they are paid for!
Have fun,

Peejay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If it can't be done with a VT220, who needs it?
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

As already mentioned, pls get in touch with your local HP sales rep. , the Dell versus HP document is outdated and incomplete is the least to say, there are more and better documents out there to convince your customer.

Kris
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Berag,

It's been a long time since I've purchased Dell servers, for good reason.

Yes, they may be cheaper, but generally you get what you pay for.

One of the most significant things that comes to mind is lights out functionality, which is essential in any data centre. Most, if not all, HP ProLiants come with an iLO interface, to enable easy management.

A quick browse at the specs. of some current Dell servers shows that their equivalent, the DRAC, is still an optional extra.

I could go into build quality, etc. but as others have said, your local HP sales team should be able to do that !

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob