1753321 Members
6160 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

All Disks Failing in EVA 4400 Disk Enclosure

Jason_L
Valued Contributor

Re: All Disks Failing in EVA 4400 Disk Enclosure

Yes that is very interesting to say the least.  No controllers or enclosures.  Do you have the minimum disks installed?  The minimum should be 8 disks.

I assume you have tried power cycling as well?

-Jason

I work for HPE.
ALSO
Occasional Advisor

Yes power cycling was one of the first steps I tried. Minimum disks are installed. At the moment I assume the problem appears when I pull one or more disks, because I already tested it with 16 Disks and the result was the same.

Jason_L
Valued Contributor

whats weird about your screenshot is that the controller enclosre doesnt even show up. and it does this unless you have all the disks installed?

I work for HPE.
ALSO
Occasional Advisor

Yes excactly, but It shows some strange behaviour in general, like sometimes it displays a diagnostics error on both, afer a restart only on 1 controller.

The only bad thing I see is the defect cache battery of controller 2, which i already mentioned. But as it is a redundant system it should still work with only 1 controller or am I wrong?

Jason_L
Valued Contributor

Its a redundant system, so it should operate with only one controller.  Do you know which disk was the "quorum" disk that was from the other EVA?  you could try putting all the disks back except for that disk. As it appears that one disk metadata was being "read" when you started the EVA.

But again whats ODD is that the controllers do not show up.  Have you inspected the controllers to make sure they are OK - except for the battery?

Something appears "off". 

I work for HPE.