Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application QOS on EVA ,

SOLVED
Go to solution

Application QOS on EVA ,

Hello,

I would like to know if it possible on an EVA8400 to prioritize I/O depending on applications ?

Thank's in advance.
Gerard
11 REPLIES 11
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Application QOS on EVA ,

EVA hs no capability do this.

There is no prioritization functionality in the EVA family.

Why do you think you need such a capability? What problem are you trying to solve?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Highlighted
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Such requests are sometimes listed in calls for bids. E.g. I have seen on request that the backup software must not use more than 20% of the system ressources - oh well...

Thank's to all,

It is a customer request to priorize production I/O against test or developpment I/O.

Regards
Gerard
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

customer should not keep PROD & DEV/QA on the same place.

I think the customer would have to work very hard to saturate the controller CPUs. How about spliting into "Production" and "Development and Testing" disk groups?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Saturate CPU ? perhaps not but may be cache utilisation ...
Anyway the customer put this as a prerequired fonctionnality. I think possibly he wants an EMC SAN that implement this and so he reduce the scope of competitors.
gerard

Cache utilisation? It's an 8400. How much cache does the 8400 have now? What about bumping it to 22 GB?

Accept or Kudo

Yes , customes spécification said "10Gb minimal per contrôler" so i wanted to propose a 8400/22Gb But this pre-required application Qos is still missing in EVA world.