1752518 Members
5290 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CV and MPLSs

12a
Occasional Advisor

CV and MPLSs

Hi , Can you help Please... I have 2 links between CV server and Domain Controller ( MPLS and ISDN )When I try to add CV Server in DR site to Domain Controller  with MPLS links I have Error Massage  and when I use ISDN Link joined successfully .The link of MPLS is better than ISDN ,Do you know why this problem happened ??

P.S. This thread has been moevd from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum Moderator

9 REPLIES 9
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, you could be a bit more detailed..
this CV server is that a HP EVA Command View server? Is it installed on a Windows machine? What version? What error message? Are you trying to add the windows machine to a windows domain? Is it so that if you do not have CV then you can join add server to domain?
12a
Occasional Advisor

Hiii ,Thanks for replay ^_^

Yes this server has Command view 9.1 ,Installed in windows 2003 SP 2 ,Error is "trying to join domain but error in timely fastion " ,Yes I am tring to add this machine to domain with using MPLS link I have this error but if I use ISDN join successfully !!!!!

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, thanks, that makes it a bit easier to understand.
It appears that there is something different network wise when the server is on the MPLS network than compared to this ISDN.. connection.

Have you checked firewalls (both on the CV and the DC)?
Maybe the DC server only accepts joining the domain from specific IP subnets or something?
Do you even have connectivity?
Can the CV server ping the domain server?
Can other devices join the network?

This question is probably better asked in a Microsoft forum.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22trying+to+join+domain+but+error+in+timely+fashion%22

It appears that you did not write down the exact error message. This makes it a lot harder than it needs to be. Why?
12a
Occasional Advisor

^_^ Thanks Very Much..

Yes Firewall is disabled in both Servers !!

I have more than 80 branch in my country with MPLS joined successfully to Domain except CV server and one another branch !!!!!

Yes there is Ping and connectivity to domain server and the link is 256 MBPS and very clear !!

Yes 80 branch conneced to domain and also I am using MPLS for replication between 2 EVAs 4400 .

12a
Occasional Advisor

This is Error Massage but I could not find solution :(

The following error occurred attempting to join the domain The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

No other firewall in between?
Maybe the EVA replication is consuming all the bandwidth?
Or does the 'very clear' mean that it's not heavily used?
Maybe your DC cannot accept 2003 in the domain?
12a
Occasional Advisor

There is no any firewall between :(

I tried to suspened replication but the problem still there :(

70 % of branches PCs is 2003 !!

I tried all microsoft answers for my problem but every thing is OK DNS ,DHCP and everything .

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Let's assume everything is OK. Then it must be a configuration issue yes?

What is different when connecting via ISDN and MPLS?
12a
Occasional Advisor

I don't know what is the different between ISDN and MPLS ,This is my problem "Why ISDN OK and MPLS NO" ,Also ISP in my country said with anger "This is not related to us and if there is ping that means our side is clear "

I really don't know what I can do :(