5580 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot install HSV200 Device on Server

CEF
Occasional Advisor

Cannot install HSV200 Device on Server

Hello,

i have a HP Proliant DL320G5 and bought a Qlogic QLE2460. I've installed the latest storport drivers and SANSurfer. But i cannot connect to EVA4000, because it needs those Device driver as you can see on the picture. I cannot find the device driver, don't know why. On our Blade-Servers it was installed automatically, and shown in the Device Manager as "HP Storage EVA 4000/6000 Storage Array Controller Device".

What can i do?

Maybe the Qlogic Card won't work with our EVA?

regards,
Sascha Dages

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Hello

Install Proliant Support Pack for Windows (preferably the latest). It contains all the necessary drivers.
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

You must certainly check the compatibilty matrix for the adapter. Also the VCS version might play a role here

Is this a card you bougth form HP or from another vendor?
CEF
Occasional Advisor

We bought the controller from a qlogic distributor. The card is now working with EVA, but it still wants those HP HS200 device driver.

Where can i find the compatiblity-matrix?

pablo_garcia
Frequent Advisor

Hi CEF,

Like Marek said "Install Proliant Support Pack for Windows" (HP Smart Start 7.80 is the lastest version).

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/smartstart/index.html

Pablo.
CEF
Occasional Advisor

The latest driver are already installed. Problem is solved, thank's to the HP support.

HP sent me some pseudo-drivers, now everything works fine.

Thank's for your help!

Hi CEF,

I have a Proliant 6500 Win 2K server, & i'd like to have those pseudo device. Could you tell me where I could find them, cause I'm not sure the last SmartStart will run on my machine!

Thanks