HPE EVA Storage
1753556 Members
5628 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Command View EVA 8 SMI-S login cred and namespace

Bob Donaghy

Command View EVA 8 SMI-S login cred and namespace

I Installed Command View 8 and the 8.02 patch and now am unable to use IBM Tivoli storage manager. The passwords and namespace appear to have changed form Command View EVA 6.x and 7.x. When I installed the Command View Suite 8 it did not allow me the option of picking a username and password ,default used to be administrator/administrator. Namespace pegusis directorys are gone and does not support root/interop for the namespace.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp forum moderator

1 REPLY 1
sirfire
Advisor

Re: Command View EVA 8 SMI-S login cred and namespace

yes you need to change the Namespace to just "interop" and and still use the username and password you always did prior.

If you had HPSIM you could run the WBEM testing utility called "wbemcap" perhaps you called install it on a test machine.

This utility will test your smi-s providers installed on your storage management server (machine that has CV EVA 8.0 installed) it's a java tool that can test the port and namespace and name out on your storage device.