108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EMC aditional DAE installation and Meta creation

SOLVED
Go to solution
vinodan
Advisor

EMC aditional DAE installation and Meta creation

We have a EMC CX3-40 storage .We are planning add an additional disk enclosure . It has 15 x 300 GB 15 K RPM FC drives . I am planning to do below mentioned steps .

1. Install the DAE and drives using NST .
2. Create 3 raid groups , 1-5 drives in 1st Raid Group, 6-10 2nd Raid group, 11-14 3rd Raid group and 15th disk hot spare . I am planning for Raid 5 for these raid groups .

IS it a good configuration ?. We cannot create spanned raid groups ( spanned across multiple enclosures , since they are already used and cannot even touchhhhhh ...... )

Am planning to create 3 luns in each above mentioned raid groups having 150 GB each and going to merge to make a meta with stripe . As i mentioned 3 rd raid group is having 4 drives and other two raid groups are having 5 each . Can i create meta using stripe ?.

One hot spare is ok for this ?

Thanks in advance ....

Vinod

2 REPLIES 2
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: EMC aditional DAE installation and Meta creation

Hi Vinod,

Whilst people here might be able to help, this forum is for the discussion of HP storage products, not EMC's.

Cheers,

Rob
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: EMC aditional DAE installation and Meta creation

Hi,
here is the EMC CX3-40 documentation page:
https://powerlink.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/btg548664833igtcuup4826/km/appmanager/km/secureDesktop?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=freeformlinks2&internalId=0b0140668015c222&_irrt=true

(but you need to register to the EMC Powerlink)
the pain is one part of the reality