4715 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

EVA 4400 - Soft Diagnostic Failure on WOCP, works ok from management server

larsjohansen5
Occasional Advisor

EVA 4400 - Soft Diagnostic Failure on WOCP, works ok from management server

Hi,

I have an EVA 4400, from CV on the management server everything works ok, no error messages, I can see both controller as ok, and verify that both are in use by Evaperf

But when I access the EVA from the WOCP I get a message saying Controller 2: Soft Diagnostic Failure, under detailed system information it also says Controller 2 management link:  Failed. If I try to launch CV from the WOCP the EVA comes up all green, but with just one controller(Controller 1), Controller 2 is missing.

I tried to restart Controller 2, that resulted to that it did not come online again, just a amber led on the back of it. I then tried to reseat it, then it came back up, with the same error on WOCP, tried a restart again, this time it came up again by itself, but still it show as Soft Diagnostic Error in WOCP, but normal on the management server CV

I have also tried to reseat the ABM

Any clues?

5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 4400 - Soft Diagnostic Failure on WOCP, works ok from management server

Hey,

is the CV version on the management module the same as on the management server?

Sometimes you can get more information about the soft diagnostic, does it point to the controller itself or?
larsjohansen5
Occasional Advisor

Hi CV on management server runs 9.4, I updated the ABM to 10.0, due to the problems mentioned I tried to downgrade to 9.4, still show the same, see screenshot for what I see in the ABM. As said, when accessing through the management server CV everything is seems perfectly normal.fail.jpg

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, did you get this error after upgrading ABM to 10?
larsjohansen5
Occasional Advisor

No,  the error was there from the 9.3 version as well

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

In the controller event log there should be an event called something like "soft diagnostic failure". In this you might be able to see which component is failing.

This could be stuff like battery, one power cable not connected or any of the other tests that happen during boot of the controller.

That's just to see if there actually is a soft diagnostic failure. No clue why it's seen only on the ABM.