1752578 Members
3967 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EVA 4400 comamnd line control of snapshots and event logs

ole_thor
Occasional Visitor

EVA 4400 comamnd line control of snapshots and event logs

We have an EVA4400 that we have been controlling via RSM and we find that this is a bit restrictive.

We would like to be able to extract the event logs using Powershell and examine the logs programmaticaly.

We would also like to be able to initiate snapshots from Powershell, and present them to various systems.

I have been examining SSSU as a tool (similar to MSACLI for our P2000 SANs),

but I am unable to find a way to  read the event logs, or control snapshots and presentations.

Can anyone point me to a method of doing this from a commandline tool that I could interface Powershell to?

thanks,

Ole Jensen.

2 REPLIES 2
ole_thor
Occasional Visitor

I found the evaperf interface that should get me the performance data that I need.

I also found the RSMCLUI interface that should give me the snapshot control that I need.

I still haven't been able to find a way to get the event logs other than in the GUI interface.

Is it possible to get the event logs from a powershell script the way that you can on a P2000?

thanks for your help.

Ole Jensen.

Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, the EVA event logs are decoded by some HP support software using the parse file. This allows targeted analysis of components and error types among other functions and this software is not available publicly.  There used to be an old command line utility to run the logs through the parse to create a spreadsheet but I havn't seen it for a long time.