1753821 Members
9643 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 4400 slow leveling after replace hdd

renegade7
Advisor

EVA 4400 slow leveling after replace hdd

Hy. I have EVA 4400 with 7 enclosure. i have 4 disk ( 3 hdd fata 930GB and 1 hdd fc 420 gb ) ungrouped and failed. in the storage system i have two disk group ( 1 fata and 1 fc ). Yesterday  i have removed 1 hdd fata 930 GB, replace with a same size, fw, add at group fata.

My question is: is possible after 20 hour the leveling OF TRANSITION STATE in the fata group is 20% ?? and go on. the occupancy of the disk is 200 GB and go on.

1- is normal this situation??

2- what can i verify??

i want the hdd finish the recostruction and after replace another hdd, is correct this choice??

best reguards

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage > General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,

leveling is not the same as reconstruction.

If your DG is in reconstruction you should not replace another disk unless you know exactly what you're doing (like make sure the disks aren't in the same RSS).

Leveling can take week(s) if you have little free space (and no drive protection enabled).
renegade7
Advisor

Thanks. My question is:

In this moment disk FATA on FATA group is recostrution and FATA group is levelling. Can i replace disk FC on FC group ??

Best reguards

error_repair
Occasional Contributor

In my experience FATA disk levelling can take days. Not sure if that helps

Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the FC disk group may queue leveling but reconstruction will already have taken place if there was sufficient unallocated space. You could check on the I/O across disks in their groups to see if the EVA is under heavy load by using evaperf from a command prompt.