108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 8000 Events

SOLVED
Go to solution
Manie Heymans BCX
Occasional Advisor

EVA 8000 Events

I get the following normal events codes all the time. 03130003 and 4207001B. The LUNS keep move between the controllers and the users complain about responce times. What is the reason for LUN's moving between controllers? There are no errors from EVA Perf for connection errors on the host ports.
14 REPLIES 14
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Have you checked the status of your EVA through commandview?
Manie Heymans BCX
Occasional Advisor

Yes, the operational state of everything in the system is Green and Good. No failed connections, devices, links or disks. No error event codes. The only events I have in the log file are the above and "04130003. Storage System event reporting is still active" and "0e070019.The status of battery assembly '1' has changed". The EVA seems to be in a good condition. See attach files from EVA Perf.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

if the status of the battery assembly changed, the EVA will stop presenting the LUNs over the controller with the failed battery assembly. In this case, the LUN will be moved to the other controller.

You should contact HP for a new battery.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Manie Heymans BCX
Occasional Advisor

Event Code: 0e070019
Severity: Normal -- informational in nature. The status of battery assembly '1' has changed.

Is this the cache battery? It happens on assembly "0" and "1" on both the controllers. Does this mean that both batteries on both controllers are faulty?
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

no. Sorry, I misunderstand the message. :) You should log a call at the HP Support Center.

Did you use ISEE for your EVA?

Kind regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Manie,

Look through the Controller Event logs from CVEVA and see what's the action code for the battery event. If it's 00, probably it's part of EVA's internal battery testing mechanism which occurs on batteries.

How often your Vdisks are moving between controllers? You may try to prefer the Vdisks by selecting "Preferred A failover/failback".

My 2 cents worth.
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Both the event codes you mention are perfectly normal on EVA 4/6/8s. The battery code is, as Amardeep said, the result of internal self-tests the EVAs do on a weekly basis.

If you are having performance issues, I suspect they are due to other configuration-related problems, not a failure in the EVA's controllers.
Manie Heymans BCX
Occasional Advisor

No, we don't have ISEE. The LUN's move between the controllers several times a day, any time of the day.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

What operating system are you using ??

Some OSs, Tru64 UNIX being an example, do not cope particularly well with the Active/Active controllers of an EVA8000...

See the second attachment in this thread:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1059627

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a direct link to the knowledge base document any more...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob