4892 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 8000 HSV210 controller error after install disk

SOLVED
Go to solution

EVA 8000 HSV210 controller error after install disk

Hi,

After installing any disk on any enclosure I get the following issue. The currnt firmware version is XCS 6.110.

May I follow this process on-line?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01914371&dimid=1006920700&dicid=alr_oct09&jumpid=em_alerts/us/oct09/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category/alerts

Thanks.
Best regards,
Javier.
2 REPLIES 2

Sorry, I forgot the issue:

The HSV210 controller has detected an enclosure on the Fibre Channel but is unable to communicate with the Drive Enclosure Environmental Monitoring Unit on the enclosure address bus or the Drive Enclosure Environmental Monitoring Unit is reporting an invalid enclosure number.
View corrective actionsCorrective action code: c5

Thanks.
Javier.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

These events appear when there's any disturbance on the loops. For example when you add a disk or when a disk is causing packet loss.

The traffic to the EMUs has low priority and gets delayed. That's what those events are about. All packets are resent if they do not arrive on the expected time, so this has no consequences.

The current advice we are giving to customers is to ignore those messages since it's a known firmware bug and will be corrected someday on next firmware version.