108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 8100 Vdisk error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jason Antes [2]
Advisor

EVA 8100 Vdisk error

I am running an EVA8100 using Command View 7.00.01.071011. I've run into a bit of a problem with one of my vdisk groups. One of my vdisk groups is reporting a capacity of "Unknown GB" for both Requested and Allocated capacity. This vdisk also has Write Protect as "yes" for some reason. When I try to turn off write protect it gives me the error: "Operation Failed! Invalid object condition for this command." The Operational State for this disk is blank. The other vdisks in the group look fine but are not replicating because of this. We think it may have been that a command was run on the vdisk, like requesting more space, but did not finish before someone ran another command on it.

I am not able to break the replication as that gives me an error as well. The most I can do is suspend the replication. Any suggestions before I go to a support call? All the data on the vdisk is there and working fine on the server to which it is presented, for now.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 8100 Vdisk error

You could try to restart the CV-EVA instance, but I would not make any more changes to the EVA8100, because you could destroy important data/ system state information that the service person needs for diagnostics.
shIVinator.
Valued Contributor
Solution

I have seen the Unknown GB before, it took a reboot of to controllers to clear.

Definitely place a support call.
Jason Antes [2]
Advisor

I have placed a call to support.

They suggested:

1. What happens when you try to resume the DR Group?
2. If it will not resume, try to move the Vdisk to the B controller.
We have seen issues like this in the past where moving the lun between controllers a few times clears up the issue.
However in this case if we move the lun to the A controller, the other members will move too. I am not sure what the
impact would be for your environment. If you can accept that, it would be worth a try.
3. Resyncing the Source side EVA would be another option to get it functioning again.

Other than I'm not yet sure what he meant by #3, none of the other things have worked.

How would I go about rebooting the controllers 1 at a time. I don't see the option in CV so I'm assuming I either have to use SSSU or do it at the controller itself.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

There is a field service page within Command View that allows an onsite engineer to do a resync of the controllers...

If you can't wait to get an engineer on site, then you can restart the controllers, one at a time from the front panel.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob