1752555 Members
5115 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 8100 does not see hosts

Naikon
Visitor

EVA 8100 does not see hosts

Turned off the EVA 8100. After turning on the EVA 8100, the servers do not see the drives. And when the port is deleted, the controller reboots and leaves for an error. How can I extract data? Sometimes disks appear, but then one of the controllers gets overloaded. Alarm TF: 0403047f  IDX: LF

3 REPLIES 3
rmv978
HPE Pro

There could be some device in the loop causing the issue or the controller itself would be defective.

Check the  LED status on the controllers and loop switches.

Reseat any loop switches or IO modules with amber LED.

Perform a graceful reboot of the array.

The disk enclosures and loop switches needs to be power on first and then the controllers.

If the issue persist, a through investigation would be needed .

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Naikon
Visitor

Checked all the loops. All indicators approx. rebooted the system. Disks on hosts are also not visible. Can I connect to the controller directly?

rmv978
HPE Pro

A serial cable designated to this array model needs to be connetced and collect the boot log.

As mentioned earlier an indepth analysis of serial log is required to identify the issue.

Hence i would suggest to contact support for further trouleshooting.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo