HPE EVA Storage
1752570 Members
5337 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

EVA 8400 - After adding new disk enclosure - not updated firmware for I/O module

SOLVED
Go to solution
oludvichenko

EVA 8400 - After adding new disk enclosure - not updated firmware for I/O module

Hello!

I have EVA 8400 in the productive mode (2 controllers and 16 disk enclosures). I need to add 2 new disk enclosures ONLINE. I used documentation https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01867959 (page 27). When I break loop number 1 and connect new disk enclosures, I get I/O Module A Operational state - Loading firmware... The firmware for I/O Module is not updated and I can't connect second loop - I'm afraid of losing data or tearing data off...

In lof file i get next error:
SC Event Code: 066df308 - The controller cannot continue to codeload any Enclosure hardware requiring updates until backend redundancy is restored.

Please help someone solve this problem. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: EVA 8400 - After adding new disk enclosure - not updated firmware for I/O module

the first module is working, but cannot reboot the new firmware now. continue with the second loop.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
oludvichenko

Re: EVA 8400 - After adding new disk enclosure - not updated firmware for I/O module

Are you sure, could you come across this? The instructions say - In HP Command View EVA, verify that the newly added disk enclosure is listed under the array hardware in the Navigation pane and the I/O module displays a good operational status. I have operational state: Loading firmware... I'm afraid of losing data etc...

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

If you add or replace an I/O module, the EVA will always check and correct the firmware. After loading the firmware it will reboot the module, if it is redundant.

In your case it is still working, but not redundant (no cables connected yet), hence it cannot reboot. You don't have another choice other to continue and add the other loop.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
oludvichenko

Ok, I understood you, I'll try it... Thanks a lot

oludvichenko

Everything worked! Thanks a lot!