New Discussion юеВ

EVA400 hsv300

SOLVED
Go to solution
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

EVA400 hsv300

Dear sir
We bought new EVA4400 and HSV300 storage and also Enclosure 7000 and Cisco blade switch3020.
our blade server working fine and link ok like HSV300 to EVA4400 but my Fibaric cable(Orange Color ) link LED not flashing like EVA400 to Cisco3020 how can activate the FC Cable link ?
Pls can u sent any diagram or Manual Very urgent.

What is the use of WWW name

6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: EVA400 hsv300

HSV300 is just another name for the EVA4400.

I'm not sure what LED you are talking about.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Thanks for replay me boss

I am talking about Fiber optic cable From Blade Enclosure like EXT1,EXT22 to EVA400 FP1, FP2 that LED not flashing.

Pls help me boss
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I guess by CISCO 3020 you mean the blade LAN switch - many LAN switches can show I/O activity on their port LEDs. Very often a LAN switch has a little 'mode' button where you can choose what the port LEDs should show: port activity, port speed, ...

Most (all?) Fibre Channel switches do not have that feature and many Fibre Channel ports do not even flash/blink during normal operation - that is not an error. There is no standard for status signaling. Some adapters, for example, use different blink pattern to indicate the port speed. You must exactly know the adapter type and look it up in the manual --- or just ask the Fibre Channel switch ;-)

There are two types of WWN:
- Port WWN - must be uniqe for each Fibre Channel port in this universe

- Node WWN - should be the same for all physical ports belonging to the same device
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Dear sir

We have CISCO 9124e Fabric switch is it support for Blade Server Foreclosure 7000. if it is support . how can i configure pls can u sent the Pdf

Regards

Subash.T