4044 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EVA4400 Firmware Needed

Emil Henry
Regular Advisor

EVA4400 Firmware Needed

Hi!

We have 2 EVA4400 (1 EVA4400 and 1 EVA4400 Embedded Switch) that were under a HP contract until HP stopped supporting it a few years ago. We had both EVA's at 11300000 (controllers), but had to replace a controller that has 11200000. Would like to upgrade, but don't have the firmware file anymore. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Emil

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

the replacement controller will get the firmware once it is inserted into the chassis.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Emil Henry
Regular Advisor

Hi Torsten!

That is what I thought. But, both are now at 11200000. I am fairly sure that I had updated both EVA's to 11300000.

Regards,

Emil

vibeesh1
HPE Pro

Hello @Emil Henry

In your case, have you repalced Both the controllers or a single controller? If there is a single controller repalcement, while running controller @XCS11300000 as master, chances of degradiding the working controller is very rare if the dead controller inserted when the other controller was working.

In your case, it may again depend on steps you taken for the replacement (like, powered down EVA and inserted the new controlelr and booted up both controller at the same time, etc) .  An EVA Log review ca n provide more clarity on this.

if you are looking for XCS downlod , below is the Link

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5156006&swItemId=co_140926_1&swEnvOid=54

Thanks!

If this information helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
Also, if it resolves your issue, please consider marking it as an Solution Accepted

Accept or Kudo

Emil Henry
Regular Advisor

Hi vibeesh1!

Thanks for the link. I had used that link in the past while I was under contract, but now that the EVA4400's are not under contract (not supported anymore), I am unable to download the firmware. I currently have my 3PAR's under HP contract.

Regards,

Emil