1751738 Members
5868 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 Performance

pp50712a1
Occasional Contributor

EVA4400 Performance

My EVA4400 is used for storing around 10 MS SQL DBs only. I would like to perform mirrorclone / snapshot around 4 times ( < 50GB of changes ) a day during the office hours, and at the same time, we are running SAN replication to the DR site by using CA. Do you think the EVA4400 controller can overcome such workload for handing two tasks ?
5 REPLIES 5
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

its strange to say, its depend on the current work load, if you don;t noticed any performance issue, you could run your snapshot procedure for testing.

mikap
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you can chech the load of the EVA by using EVAperf. You can monitor the IOs, the load of the controllers and the amount of data that is replicated by CA.

AFAIK a snapshot operation doesn't hurt much. CA can be a bottleneck, but only if there is a long distance and you're doing a synchronous replication.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
pp50712a1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Patrick and Michal. I would say my existing EVA4400 is not that busy and we will run async for the CA. Just after reading some posts in this forum, I started to hesitate about the EVA4400 performnace under the extra loading of mirrorclone, and consider whether it is ok for handling such requirements.
eric lipede_1
Regular Advisor

Hi
is using BC mirror functionality not an option for you, with a low copy threshold?
eric lipede_1
Regular Advisor

...you could alway try and stop if things go crazy.?