1751943 Members
5137 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 sending spurious alerts about battery modules

Michael Smith CA
Occasional Advisor

EVA4400 sending spurious alerts about battery modules

I have a pair of EVA4400s at different sites - one running the latest firmware (CR18CBlep-09534000 / mmp-0001.4100-CR0600), the other CR153Flep-09522000 / mmp-0001.4000-CR05B2.

Both EVAs are configured to send e-mail alerts on hardware status events (i.e. we want to know about disk failures). Both of them are sending spurious alerts once or twice a day about "battery module status change" and "battery module tracking information".

How can I prevent these nuisance messages from being sent? They're a hazard, kind of like the storage array that cried wolf, if you know what I mean - our sysadmins start ignoring them, and then we miss the real alerts.

Alarm description: Event Code: 0e030019 - 0," Battery module status
change.");

Alarm description: Event Code: 0e050019 - 0," Battery module tracking
information.");

The EVA running older firmware also sends alerts about the temperature sensor still being a temperature sensor:

Alarm description: Event Code: 0e070019 - 0," Temperature sensor tracking
information.");
3 REPLIES 3
CLEB
Valued Contributor

I had to turn off Hardware condition changes in the email notification options.

I guess it's not customisable, you either get all hardware messages or none at all.
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Yes, I get this email alert as well weekly.

So I guess this is the default normal behaviour of P6000 series array ?

Best regards,
NSharon
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

You may want to raise a case with the HP Support team to rule out hardware issues with the EVA. They are probably going to let you know that the firmwares are really outdated too. On visual inspection if there are no battery errors on the EVA, you may still want to raise a support case with HP.

Thanks!

I work for HP.

If you find my Post Useful please click on the thumbs up!