New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA8100 out of the market?

SOLVED
Go to solution
ReynierPM
Frequent Advisor

EVA8100 out of the market?

Hi every:
I have a EVA6100 and I'm planning to update to EVA8100 but my partner tell me that EVA x100 will be out of the market soon and tell me that consolidate to EVA8400. It's true? EVA x100 series will be out of the market? I have 80 TB in EVA 6100 and not know if it's possible to use with EVA8400 controllers? Any advise or hint?
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

that's right. Maybe some resellers have still 8100 in their stock, but HP isn't selling this box any more.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
ReynierPM
Frequent Advisor

Thanks a lot I need to buy a EVA8400 then ;)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Careful please! Do not just buy a pair of controllers!

The EVA-4400/6400/8400 are very different (4Gb back-end, new disk enclosures, new disk drive carriers) than all the previous EVA models.
ReynierPM
Frequent Advisor

Yes of course I take care about all this but I have a question? Can I use old disk into new EVA Disks Enclosures? Which are the best way to do this without loouse LUN and VD configurations?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Sorry, you can't.
The new EVA disk drives have 4 GigaBit/second interfaces and the disk drive enclosures and disk drive carriers are also mechanically incompatible. The loop switches, the EMU and the EAB are gone, too.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

a controller-upgrade is only within the x400 sereis possible. If you want to upgrade a x100 oder x000, then you have to "upgrade" the whole system... ask HP for a trade in. ;)

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick