5392 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Factory reset Storageworks 4/16 SAN switch

rgijsen
Frequent Advisor

Factory reset Storageworks 4/16 SAN switch

Hi,

I have 3 Storageworks 4/16 SAN switches (brocade with Fabric OS 6.2.2f). How to do a complete factory reset? The configdefault and cfgclear command don't seem to work. They leave me with the old zoning configuration and for example the old username/password.

I can ofcourse manually delete everything and start from there but I want to do a full-reset. How?

2 REPLIES 2
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,

what is exactly your need?

- you do not have admin passwords?

or - you simply want to erase old config?

jan

rgijsen
Frequent Advisor

1. I do have password, it are my own switches :) But they will be setup in another environment, which is why I want a complete factory-reset and start from scratch. It seems though that I can only delete the zoneing-configuration. But stuff like SNMP settings, user accounts, basically everything except the zoning I can't reset to default with a simple command. I have now erased everything manually and set it to my 'new' needs.

I've also just found an empty config-file: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=1143933&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3DswEnvOID%253D54%257CswLang%253D%257Caction%253DlistDriver&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken#Software Maybe that does the trick too.