1752782 Members
5865 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Fiber Switch Communication Failure

fh-djb
Advisor

Fiber Switch Communication Failure

We have two EVA8100's. One at location A the other at location B 1500 miles away. EVA's are connected by redundant MPX110 gateways at each location. All is good! We see both EVA's in CV.

We are attempting to move the data circuit over which MPX110 traffic is passed to a dedicated line rather than a shared circuit. To make the change we setup a route map on our core router and switches at both locations to force traffic over the dedicated circuit. I can verify after the route map is in place that data is in fact being passed over the new circuit using tracert command. The route map includes IP ranges of the MPX110 (GE ports and management ports) and the IP's of the 4/32 fiber switches. All traffic from the MPX110's and fiber switches are going through the new pipe.

BUT, after this change is made we loose connection to the remote EVA. CV lists the EVA as unreachable.

I telnet to the switches and issue a portdisable then portenable on the E-port where the MPX110's are plugged in and the ports come up as 'unresolved'. I look in the switch manager GUI and I can see that extended fabric is in fact no longer available. What gives? Anybody have any idea what might be causing this problem??

If we take the route map off, everything goes back to normal and starts working perfectly.

Thanks in advance for any advise
1 REPLY 1
kalogeras
Advisor

Re: Fiber Switch Communication Failure

I have the same problem. I would like to know how you resolved this issue.