108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP HSV 300 SCSI Array Devie

SOLVED
Go to solution
Storage Network
Advisor

HP HSV 300 SCSI Array Devie

Recently we have installed a new HP EVA 4400 SAN. I've installed the HP Full Featured DSM v2.00 for EVA 44xx and the related management GUI. However I have 4 devices which appear in Device manager and are listed as unknown devices. These are named HP HSV 300 SCSI Array Device. Everytime the server is rebooted the new hardware wizard launches to try to install drivers for these devices. I've looked on the web and could only find one article relating to creating a dummy device driver for HP HSV 100 SCSI array. In the article it stated that these unknown devices were only placeholders and as a result a dummy device driver could be installed to 'fool' Windows OS. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and if so how did you resolve it? I have installed
FC2243 PCI X and the version driver is 5.5.30.2
Anyone can help me ? A lot of thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: HP HSV 300 SCSI Array Devie

It sounds like you did not use a HP-branded device driver package ('Smart Component') for the installation. It will add the '.inf' file with information for the HSV300 and other controller devices and it will make sure that the parameters in the registry are set correctly.
Storage Network
Advisor

Where is the Smart Component ? In the driver.
I have installed the drivers from HP web site latest drivers....
A lot ot thanks.
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
1. HP MPIO FF DSM 3.00 is recommended
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=421494тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=421492&taskId=135

2. yes the latest SCSI Miniport is 5.5.30a2
and the latest Storport Miniport is 5-2.01a4
the pain is one part of the reality
Masud Parvez
Valued Contributor

You have new driver for HBA. Do you have support firmware vesion for HBA or you can install lastest firmware for FC2243.

Cheers
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi, the device description for HP arrays is contained on SACD.inf inside the driver for the HBA.
The problem is that it does not contain the information for HSV300 yet. I have downloaded and taked a look inside the latest driver from June 16.
It seems that the drivers included on the SmartStart CD do have an updated file that has the HSV300 added.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1238480&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3185350

As a general rule, always use SmartStart EVA to install drivers for the HBAs, I've seen 3 cases where things did not went well because customer installed a driver manually instead of letting SmartStart pick the correct one.
Storage Network
Advisor

I have installed the driver for HSV 300 SCSI Array Device from SmartStard EVA with the file SACDaa.inf file, but appears four drive dinamics disks........
It should appears one drive dinamic disk. I have installed multipath for EVA windows 2000 but appears four drive dinamic disks....
What happens ?
Oreste Majeli
Occasional Advisor

EVA4400 requires MPIO v3.00.

Windows 2000 is not supported on MPIO 3.00 and EVA4400

you have two choices here:

upgrade to windows 2003 and use MPIO v3.00

or

change the zoning on you switch with only one EVA4400 port

lighting

I have the same problem, but fc1243 instead fc2243. I installed HP MPIO FF DSM 3.00 as IBaltay recommended, and try latest 4.00 version but problem still exist, unknown devices not disappear from device list. What i do wrong?
PS: OS - W2k3 SP2
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

MPIO is for handling multiple paths to the disks.

To put a name to the devices in Device Manager you need SACDaa.inf, which comes with the HP HBA drivers.

Or get it from the attached ZIP.