108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP MSA2324fc RAID6

SOLVED
Go to solution
GrumpyBum
Occasional Contributor

HP MSA2324fc RAID6

I am deploying a MSA2324fc and I am currently testing but have run into a RAID issue.

I have setup RAID6 over 8 SAS Disks and this is working well. To test this I have pulled a drive and received good results, but in replacing this drive I get confirmation as follows 'A657 310 Discovery and initialization of enclosure data was completed following a rescan.'

Although this is good and I am happy with this, I cannot see if the RAID6 is rebuilding. This has remained in a degraded state and I cannot find information to if this is rebuilding or a way to request this to be rebuilt.

Any help will be great thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP MSA2324fc RAID6

Hello,

have you deleted the meta data on the drive?? The drive you pulled is maybe marked as "left over".

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
GrumpyBum
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Patrick,

I have done this and the disk has moved from LEFTOVR to AVAIL but I am still unable to rebuild this RAID6 to include this disk again.

I cannot find an option to repair this and the only option that comes close is 'Expand VDisk' but this option simply returns the error, Invalid Object, and will not complete.

Has anyone completed such a RAID on this SAN before? The only documents I have found from HP are how to delete the volume and recreate.

Thanks, Jarad
GrumpyBum
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Patrick, This is now resolved.
You have got me moving in the right direction.

I found that I have to configure this disks as Dedicated Spares before I could get the RAID6 to rebuild.

Many thanks all, Jarad