HPE EVA Storage
1753530 Members
5036 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

HP eva6400 Event Code: 0e830019 - 0," The status of battery assembly '0' has changed."); ?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

HP eva6400 Event Code: 0e830019 - 0," The status of battery assembly '0' has changed."); ?

Hi All,

Can anyone please assist me in explaining if the weekly email alert send to me is a genuine one or exepected in normal HP EVA 6400 ?

-----Original Message----- Subject: HP P6000 Command View Event Message

****This is an automated message. Do not reply****

An alarm has occurred on HP P6000 Array System: EVA6400 WWN: 5000-1FE1-501D-91D1

Alarm type: Hardware condition change

Alarm description: Event Code: 0e830019 - 0," The status of battery assembly '0' has changed.");

So far in terms of performance and connectivity, all is working good from my VMware vSphere console.

Best regards,
2 REPLIES 2
Zsal
Valued Contributor

Re: HP eva6400 Event Code: 0e830019 - 0," The status of battery assembly '0' has changed."

The battery assembly undergoes a periodic load test to ensure hardware functionality. The normal duration of the load test is approximately 4 hours. During this discharge & charge cycle occurs and there will be change in the state of the battery. The mentioned event corresponds to the same. Hence, no action is required.

To identify battery issues, you can observe the Cache Battery LED status and CommandView status for any critical alerts/failure message.

Regards
Zsal

If this post is helpful, thank me with Kudos. Click "White thumbs up" ↓

NSharon
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP eva6400 Event Code: 0e830019 - 0," The status of battery assembly '0' has changed."

Hi There,

To furter add, If you could visually inspect, you could verify if the  battery assembly that is undergoing the load test is indicated by a slow (2 seconds on, 2 seconds off) flashing of the green LED. This is in contrast to the fast (1 second on, 1 second off) flashing state of the green LED, which indicates an active charging cycle. Looking at a controller with a failed battery assembly, the failed battery assembly should have the amber indicator illuminated. A battery assembly in the load test cycle will show the slow blink, as noted above.

Thanks

I work for HP.

If you find my Post Useful please click on the thumbs up!