4470 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insufficient Privileges with Command View 7.0

KeirL
Occasional Advisor

Insufficient Privileges with Command View 7.0

Hi all
I have command view 7.0 installed on a windows DC and it worked fine. I then decided to upgrade to 7.0.1 but then found that when I attempted to log in I can't. From the login screen it just says 'Insufficient Privileges' for all the accounts I have in the HP Storage Admins group. Even new users I've created and added to the group say the same. I'm sure this is to do with the fact that the CV server is also a Windows Domain Controller, but all thie things I've played around within AD haven't helped. To make matters worse I've now tried un-installing CV7.0.1 and re-installed CV7.0, but this too now tells me I have insufficent privileges.
I have CV installed on another windows server (not a DC) and that's fine,
Has anyone seen this before and can suggest a fix. Is CV actually supported on DC's?

Thanks
K
17 REPLIES 17
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I've not used 7.0, but in 6.0.2 there is a problem that makes it look as though you can't logon...

When the CV EVA webpage first loads, check to see that it has completed loading before entering your username/password. ("Done" in the bottom left hand corner on IE)

If it hasn't then you can't logon.

If the page never completely loads, then try clearing all your browser cache and/or resetting IE's security settings...

Cheers,

Rob
KeirL
Occasional Advisor

Hi
Thanks for that. I've checked it and it seems fine. The 'Done' appears in the corner as expected.
I'm convinced it's a DC thing as there aren't any 'local groups' on the Server. I also installed RSM on the box and get the exact same issue when I attempt to start the RSM server. it comes back and says I do not have the right privileges to log on.
I saw a thread that had similar issues and the author was able to get round it by moving the HP Storage Admins group into the 'Builtin' OU and assign the 'Connect from Network' right. I can move it into the OU but I can't find how to assign the 'Connect from Network' right.
Is anyone able to guide me through that bit?
Thanks again
K
Osama Odeh_1
Regular Advisor

I have command view 7.0 installed on a windows 2003 stand alone;and its working
fine
but after promote server to backup domain controller.
cannot login and insufficent privileges appear.
also after move Hp storage admin group to builtin group still problem exist.

also we uninstll command view 7 and its component from server and reinstall it again
but still the same problem.

Thnx
RichardJ
Advisor

I have seen this problem also and could not fix it.
Luckily the server was brand new so we ended up re-installing windows and starting from scratch.
since then I always ensure the server is on the domain and logon using the CV user account, then install CV.

I look forward to seeing a proper fix...
Wayne Gillan
Advisor

We also had the "insufficient privileges" issues with Command View 8.0 on a standalone 2003 server. The problem came about after we changed the host name of the server to something else. When I changed the host name back to it's original name, I was able to logon to Command View as normal. Weird...

Cheers,
Wayne
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Hi, you cannot rename the server or join it to a domain after you have installed Command View.
This has been documented on the Command View 8.01 release notes

Login failure
Symptom: After installing HP Command View EVA 8.x/7.0.1, if you change the server name or the server setting from a local/workgroup system to a domain member/controller system or vice-versa, then subsequent login fails with insufficient privileges.
Solution: Reinstall HP Command View EVA 8.x/7.0.1 and configure the local/domain settings accordingly during installation.
HP-UX User_1
Frequent Advisor

To fix this problem you have to go to Computer Managerment ---> Local User and Groups ---> Users. Then right click the local user account (i.e. Administraor) go to properties ---> "Member of" TAB---> Advance ---> Find Now. Then select either "HP Storage Users" or "HP Storage Admins." And you are done!!!

Have fun.
Sajeev2007
Frequent Advisor

CV should never be on a DC
Install on a separate stand alone server
Marschalleck

Ok, so i guess Command View runs only if the Computer is NOT a Domain Controller and has local Users/Groups.

Very funny....