HPE EVA Storage
1752587 Members
4099 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insufficient Privileges with Command View 7.0

Bill Tait

Look at the following file C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\CCBGN*-1.log. This file shows the configuration during installation of the CVA Console. Make sure the group names, domain names, host names, etc... have not changed. The HP EVA Console software will get the "Insufficient Privileges" error if there are any changes.
If you reverse any changes you made (ie:rename the host back to its original name) then you wil be able to login. If this is not possible then you have to re-install. Installing CV on a domain server is preferred. If HP installs remote support SIM on the CV server then it will need to be on the domain.

Bill
Rob Bidwell

Well I am having a similar problem but just trying to install Command View 8 on a Windows 2003 Domain controller!!

Is it supported?

I am logged on as domain admin and the command view install fails before it even really begins saying I have insufficient privilages

Any ideas?
Antonio Serpa Pinto

Hi all.

I had the same problem (CVE on Windows 2003 DC & Insufficient Privileges) and fixed it.

The trick is to uninstall CVE from the DC, then move the HP Storage Users and HP Storage Admins that was created by the installer in Active Directory to the "Builtin" Folder.

Afterwards, install CVE selectin "Yes, set the privileges for Domain Groups", and in the following two screens select the Domain Groups you have moved to the Builtin folder:

Domain: your_netbios_domain_name
Storage Admin Group Name: HP Storage Admins

Domain: your_netbios_domain_name
Storage Users Group Name: HP Storage Users

Should work afterwards... Good luck.
Best regards, CPCis PT.

Christian DG Spurr

Hi,

I'm having the same problem - when I try and re-install Command View, the install process jumps past the 'security groups' option and won't allow me to select either Local or Domain privileges...

The server isn't a DC but I changed the name and added it to the domain and then these issues appeared.

I've tried creating these groups locally and in the AD but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Christian
Dario28

I need to move a server from 1 domain to another with Command view running on it,

I realise that the release notes say "Login failure
Symptom: After installing HP Command View EVA 8.x/7.0.1, if you change the server name or the
server setting from a local/workgroup system to a domain member/controller system or vice-versa, then
subsequent login fails with insufficient privileges.
Solution: Reinstall HP Command View EVA 8.x/7.0.1 and configure the local/domain settings
accordingly during installation."

But does that also include domain to domain or just workgroup to domain

I have added the new domain admin accounts to the HP Storage Admins group (locally) and can log in using the new domain credential in old domain - So will the domain switch work ??

Also need to know if Replication Solutions management will work also as its on the same box.

Thanks
Andre Stewart
Frequent Advisor

Re: Insufficient Privileges with Command View 8.0

I am also having this problem, but it started for me when I attempted to use the group policy editor to rename the administrator account.  When it is changed, the new name belongs to all the right Groups as the actual SSID has not changed.

If I change the name back to the original name, CV works fine.  Is it possible to reconfigure CV to recognize the new administrator's account name?

I am running an hp Openview Storage Management Appliance III (Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP 4) with Storage Management Appliance Software 2.1 and Command View EVA 8.0.

Burba Viktor

Hi,

I was looking on the google for the answer for this question, and all I could find was like reinstall Command View or demote your DC, both solutions are inadequate and can be done only in test environment. So long story short I could not find anything, so I had to try to solve it myself. And here is the solution:

I had it on Win2008 which was promoted as DC, after that as expected not sufficient privileges

So after Win2008 promoted as DC, there is no more HP groups obviously, so I created just as expected two groups in AD HP Storage Admins and HP Storage Users and added desired users into this groups. No big deal so far. Then comes interesting part, what you have to do is to edit file XFSecurity.cfg in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\XF\bin\win-32.  You might have only Program Files if you have 32-bit Windows or whatever your original installation path used to be. In this File find following section and change following lines with your NetBIOS domain name

Lines:

group %L, %L\HP Storage Admins, CV Storage Manager

group %L, %L\HP Storage Users, CV Storage User

change to, where PACS is your NetBIOS name

group PACS, PACS\HP Storage Admins, CV Storage Manager

group PACS, PACS\HP Storage Users, CV Storage User

So it looks like this:

Section Groups {

# syntax: group <Security Domain>, <Group Name>, <Role>

#         <Security Domain> can be %L, the local host name, or a domain name. If "%L" is used, then XF will deal with host name changes automatically

#         <Group Name> is the name of a security group

#         <Role> a previously defined role in the "Roles" section above

#    group %L, %L\HP Storage Admins, CV Storage Manager

#    group %L, %L\HP Storage Users, CV Storage User

group PACS, PACS\HP Storage Admins, CV Storage Manager

group PACS, PACS\HP Storage Users, CV Storage User

}

Then run following command as admin: XfAppMgr.exe register XFSecurity.cfg

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\XF\bin\win-32>XfAppMgr.exe register XFSecurity.cfg

Then stop the following Services:

HP P6000 Command View

HP P6000 PA Database

HP P6000 PA Server

Then start the Services again:

HP P6000 PA Server

HP P6000 PA Database

HP P6000 Command View

Now login in Command View works without reinstalling

Best regards,

Viktor Burba

MMoak

Thanks Viktor,

Your solution worked for me on an EVA 4400/Command View v9 system.  Moved the server to a different domain and couldn't login.  Followed your steps, rebooted the server and was able to connect with the new domain credentials without having to reinstall.

Thanks,

Matt