1752756 Members
4595 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 2012fc web interface crashed?

FlexHun
Occasional Contributor

MSA 2012fc web interface crashed?

Hello, I need a little help regarding the subject of this thread. I have a MSA 2012fc. I just got new user name and pass to login to the array by using the web interface (HP Storageworks MSA Storage Management Utility). After I first logged in, I got a white screen only, nothing more. After this I tried to access the web interface of the array more times but I see only a white screen, nothing more (no buttons or any possibility to log in).
I can see only the text on the top of my browser: "HP Storageworks MSA Storage Management Utility" but the full screen is white.
I don't want to restart the MSA. Is there any option to restart it's web service? Or what can be the problem?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.Thread moved from "disk array" to " storage area networks (SAN)" --Forum's Moderator.
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

You can restart the Management Controller independently of the Storage Controller.
To access the CLI you can either Telnet or connect directly via the serial interface.
Once logged in the restart command can be used.

restart sc|mc a|b|both [noprompt]

sc|mc Specifies the controller to restart:
- sc: Storage Controller
- mc: Management Controller

a|b|both Specifies whether to restart controller A, controller B, or both.

noprompt Optional. Suppresses the confirmation prompt.
Venkadesh Kannan
Frequent Advisor

MSA Has been stable in its recent firmwares, without an webgui issues.
zmedgyesi
Occasional Visitor

We tried to save the logs from the web interface, and it crashed. The restart command helped.