5575 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 2012i with ESX 3.5 U3.

bmadhav
Advisor

MSA 2012i with ESX 3.5 U3.

Hello All,

Having issues in configuring MSA 2012i with ESX 3.5.0 U3 (123630) running on BL480c G1.

Problem details : Not able to get the Controller/LUNs visible even after a reboot / rescan.

I have already enabled ports in the firewall and also tried configuring both the controllers with each 2 ports and this is connected to different private LAN for this setup. However I am able ping the host port of MSA & management port from the ESX service console (which is created for iscsi vmkernel).

Also while doing rescan, connection is just TIME_WAIT for target even after enabling firewall ports.

But in the same enclosure with the same settings, I have another BL480c running with ESX 3.0.2 and on which everything works perfectly.

So is there any known issue while configuring 3.5 U3 with iSCSI..? Please suggest..

(As per VMWare support matrix, this release is supported with MSA 2012i - http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=san&productId=1&keyBasic=2012i&maxDisplayRows=50&key=MSA+2012i&release%5B%5D=-1&datePosted=-1 )

Regards
Bindumadhava.

2 REPLIES 2
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Did you add the new esx to the "infrastructure" on the first esx?
and map the lun's (datastore) to this new esx?

or are you trying to connect separately managed esx's to a single MSA?
bmadhav
Advisor

Hi

Thanks for your reply...

Its a stand-alone setup and not part of any virtual center. Actually making these part of another VirtualCenter.

But in the morning observed that, once i present the host with a LUN in volume mapping, i am able discover both controller and LUN from ESX 3.5. Whereas in ESX 3.0, without any LUN presentation, i could get Controller discovered.

So there could be LUN presentation mandatory in ESX3.5 to get iSCSI controller discovered.

Regards
Bindumadhava.