HPE EVA Storage
1753776 Members
7514 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA2012i and iSCSI initiator setup?

ck99999

MSA2012i and iSCSI initiator setup?

In the HP StorageWorks MSA Storage Management Utility, I can see that I've got a volume and everything shows "green". The setting for Volume Presented Globally is "No". I'm not sure if that should be set to "Yes", and how to change it to Yes if necessary without re-creating the volume. I also see a Host Node Name, etc. in Current Host-Volume Relationships.

The issue is that after setting up Target portals and Targets in MS iSCSI Initiator, I don't see any volumes/devices in Volumes and Devices, and Autoconfigure does nothing. When I look at Devices in Target properties, and click on a device's Advanced tab, I see Type: Unknown, Device number: -1, SCSI address: Port 5, Bus 0, Target Id 0, LUN 0. But no Device Interface name, etc.

Any help on what I missed and still need to do is very much appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
Jonathan BM

Re: MSA2012i and iSCSI initiator setup?

I would say that you are probably missing Volume mapping to assign a host to your created volume, this is if you already created the target and is succesfully logged to the MSA 2000i. ** If the target is not properly set, then you will need to work on the initiator, or the MSA global host list to fix that **

To map a data host to a volume:

1. Select Manage > Volume Management > Volume Mapping > Map Hosts To Volume.
Notice that your first virtual disk and its volume are selected, and the volumeâ s host
mapping values are set to None.
2. In the Assign Host Access Privileges panel:
a. Select the host port IQN value that you identified before beginning.
b. Type the LUN that you identified.
Notice that the mapped host will have read-write access through all controller
host ports.
c. Click Map It.

If the problem is with the target set up not working, you will need to check that specifically.

MSA 2000i User guide (first time conf start on page 45):

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01394285/c01394285.pdf