1752800 Members
6167 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P2000 G3 snapshot

easiiis
Occasional Contributor

P2000 G3 snapshot

Hi All, Happy new years and best wiches. I need to implement snapshot on a P2000 G3. I 've seen in documentation that the first time a snapshot is done a standard volume (My type of volume) will be convert to a master volume to add the snap-pool. Could it be done even if the volume is in use ? Is there an interrupt of I/O during the process ? Thanks for your answer, and sorry for my english :-)
6 REPLIES 6
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: P2000 G3 snapshot

Hello,

I do not have exact experience with this, but why don't you try create new small lun which is not in productio and create snapshot on it?

Jan

easiiis
Occasional Contributor

HI, Thanks for your answer. But I could not do that because I have no space left. What I can do is to reduce the volume to freeing space. But new question (I'm beginner with P2000) volume resizing could it be done when volume are used ?
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

uhh, reducing the lud could by really tricky. Your host operating system must suport it. It is not very good idea.

Probably I will try snapshots on our system and let you know.

Jan

easiiis
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jan,

Big big thanks if you could try on your sytem.

easiiis
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have an answer from HP. They said that the volume convert could be done online. There's no impact on the production. I will launch and confirm or not ......

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Ahh, great news.