Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
EVA Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P6300 Disk Drives

Vadood
Occasional Contributor

P6300 Disk Drives

Hi,

I wonder if P6300 uses special hard disk drives or I can use the HP same 15k SAS disks I use on hp servers with smart arrays in them too?

We have a stock of 72 GB HP disks which I am willing to use, and we also are planning to buy a new P6300 storage

2 REPLIES
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: P6300 Disk Drives

Hi, for a starter the ones you have need to be "dual port" and preferably the same model numbers as the one used in the EVA/P6000. There is a document "disk drive firmware support" for the P6000 which I would recommend, this has the supported disk model numbers and then you can compare this way.
Highlighted
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: P6300 Disk Drives

The P6000 disk drives have special firmware and from what I have been told by somebody who said he tested it - the controllers do not accept "server" disk drives.