4308 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PROBLEM WITH PARTITION ON MSA1000

maurizio di salvo
Frequent Advisor

PROBLEM WITH PARTITION ON MSA1000

Hallo i have this problem:

i have connect hp proliant dl 385g2 with 2 qla2400 at san switch and i have connect msa1000 at san switch. i have create with command line two raid ( raid5 and raid 1+0 ) when i power on the server dl 385 g2 ( the os is RHEL ES VERSION 4 UPDATE 5 ) in browser hardware it see msa1000 with /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc, /dev,sdd.
but in terminal mode if i write "fdisk -l" command it see only the partition of the p400 internal controller. if i wirte command fdisk /dev/sda or /dev/sdb or /dev/sdc... i read impossible to read a device.

please who help me???

thank you very mutch
4 REPLIES 4
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

maurizio,
Did you set the host profile. The MSA must know the host operating system. Please verify either the MSA cli>show connections or ACU, Selective Storage presentation.

jk
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

What exactly is the output of fdisk /dev/sda etc ?

Is it possible that you just need to create a new partition on that device...?

Cheers,

Rob
maurizio di salvo
Frequent Advisor

ok now i have partioned the array on masa 1000, but i have another problem:

when i restart server1 i can see on browser hardware on rhel 4 four partition /dev/sda,sdb,sdc,sdd because i have 2 qlogic hba and i see primary and extend partition this server is always ok. when in command cli i write "show acl" i see disable, but when i restart server2 i see error on /dev/sda etc... and in browser hardware i don't see the partition and when i write "fdisk -l " i see only partition of internal disk.

is a possible that i have to use "add acl" command for 4 wwpn of four qlogic hba of two server for resolve my problem??

thank you very mutch and excuse me for my english.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you're seeing 4 paths to the same LUN on the MSA that implies that you're not using any multipathing software, or haven't enabled it.

What do you see in the output of dmesg ?

# dmesg | grep sd

Your latest post also mentions server1 and server2... Are you trying to set up some sort of cluster ? If so what cluster software are you using ?

Cheers,

Rob