5256 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAN Array replication issues

Sunil Surve
Advisor

SAN Array replication issues

Hi,

Can some one share information about SAN array replication configuration methods (synchronous and asynchronous)?

It will be of help if you can send reply to sgeet@nse.co.in.

Thanks and Regards,
Sandeep
4 REPLIES 4
Mike Reznak
Trusted Contributor

Re: SAN Array replication issues

Hi,

you can find many informations at

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/software.html Infrastructure services software

Mike
...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world ;o)
Sunil Surve
Advisor

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to get information about Synchrnous and Asynchronous replication with SAN Array, how to configure etc.

I am findnding it difficult to relevant doc.

Thanks and Regards,
Sandeep
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I think that the final implementation depends of the product that you use. You can check the following documentation available at the hp site:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=471572

HP StorageWorks Continuous Access EVA V1.1B Design Reference Guide

HP StorageWorks Continuous Access EVA Planning Guide
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Michael Racki_1
Advisor

We are running CA on the EVA using vcs3028. CA on the EVA depends on your goals, distance, available technology for you long distance transport, and how much write IO you intend to push. We are running a 2c18d to a 2c6d over Metro Optical Ethernet using San Valley SL700 FCIP routers for an IP transport. Works pretty good, but be warned latency, or lack of bandwidth will kill you (we know). We run Async since is is good for bursty traffic that way exceed your available transport bandwidth for short (short being the key word) lengths of time. Aysnc will revert to Sync. if you will the buffering capacity of the EVA. We are a Windows shop doing a lot of VLDB stuff on SQL.