108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SAN loader utility

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roshan7

Hi,

I am seeking some information like Support and Compatibility of below product for platforms Win Server 2008R2 and Win Server 2012R2.

SAN Loader 4.0.5000 

Please provide the support and compatibility results for above mentioned OS platforms.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

SAN loader version 4.0.5 must be almost 10 years old now.

Ask HP support for SAN loader version 5.0.0.2

From FAQ:

This tool is for customers as well, sure ... - but they need to clearly understand, that they will run it under their own risk and that neither the programmer nor HP can make liable for any damage caused directly or indirectly using it to update or "manage" their FC switches - like the disclaimer is telling anyone who install it during installation as well stated by the programs "About Box".

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

SAN Loader support? Simple: none. SAN Loader has always been "as-is". If it works, and it normally does, fine. If not, well, have a nice day.

If it's a GUI you want, the Brocade WebTools has a download firmware function. Personally, I much prefer using the Brocade command line so I can actually see what is happening.

As far as an FTP server, the smallest I have found for Windows (so far) is FTPDMIN - http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/ftpdmin/
No installation; a single executable. Start it specifying a root directory. When done, stop it. Do.Not.Leave.Running! My bat file looks like:
----- run-ftpdmin.bat -----
ftpdmin -g "c:\temp"
-----

Any username, any password. You can watch the FTP protocol messages in the command window while FTPDMIN is running.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Hello all,

the major advantage of SAN Loader is still to have both worlds in one tool: Telnet/SSH and ftp/scp. You do not need to take care about the setup of an ftp/scp server, just "point and click" to the location you have the decompressed Brocade FOS files or Cisco firmware - and the tool is doing the residual stuff.

Version 5.0.0.2 is the last by now, including also a full presentation under "Help" -> "Index". here you find (more or less 'indirectly') a name you can use to reach out for support. It's true, it should be used "as is" but we never wish only a "nice day" in case of questions <smile>.

Regards

Norbert

PS: In case a copy is wanted, please send me a private message ... so far we supply it also to customers for their own usage.

Accept or Kudo